A day in the life of a technical business consultant
A technical business consultant is a very valued and important member of the team and indeed any company. They will be analysing business information, using the latest technology and leveraging their technical knowledge to provide the best solutions. If you’re a problem-solver and great communicator, this is the role for you. Although business operations differ with all companies, a technical business consultant is responsible for having a logical approach to problems, providing solutions and communicating effectively to improve business function and efficiency.
What do employers look for in a graduate?:
- A desire to help business function
- Keen eye for detail
- Great communication skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Programming knowledge and exposure
Although these roles aren’t new, the duties have changed over time as technology develops, and there is an emphasis on technical programming. Therefore if you’re a keen programmer and have a methodical approach to your work, then this role would be great for you.
Typical duties may include:
- Analysing data
- Problem solving
- Strategic planning
- Project involvement and management
- Making presentations and presenting to a team
- Traveling to and meeting clients
- Using the latest technology and implementing it
This is a great entry level role for graduates who want to break into the business world. Being a technical business consultant will develop your own skills, and our clients provide structured training programmes.
What skills will you develop?:
- Meeting deadlines and exceeding targets
- Use and knowledge of programming
- Time management and prioritisation
- Communication at all levels
Often we are asked what will YOU get from the role. Other than the great benefits and skill development, you will also typically have:
- Training and development opportunities
- Supportive atmosphere
- Exposure to business operations
- Understanding how to improve business function
- Lots of networking opportunities
- Experience in working in a professional environment
Our clients are leading innovators within the market, and they will support new graduates in the role. Our clients are working with some of the top companies, the latest software and some with international offices - so there is opportunity to travel and network extensively. For this reason, these roles are very popular with graduates. If you’re interested in becoming a technical business consultant, visit our Vacancy Page and apply today.